All about Hash tags
Hashtags on Facebook are becoming common day by day! This feature is recently added in the Facebook platform and people are using it for their business and marketing. But, before going through the other details, let’s check out first that what are hastags? A keyword or phrase that is followed by the hash symbol (#) is hash tag. It’s a label of content that people use for tracking topics on social media platforms. Basically it’s a way of connecting people who find interests in the similar topic, it is not at all necessary that people who look to these posts are your followers or fans.
How to create hashtag
Creating hashtags is very simple, you get to know a few technical things like hashtag is always a single word (it can be a combination of letters, numbers or phrases). No space is allowed between these letters or words, they need to run together. Another important thing is that hashtag will always start with symbol hash, which is called a number sign or pound sign in some countries. You can add your hashtag anywhere in the massage at end or in the middle where it is readable. You might have heard about hashtag directories, but they are unofficial.
Hashtags should be short which can be easily remembered and understood. Pronunciation of long hashtags is difficult and they can’t be remembered too! You can use the already created hashtags too, but try to create unique hashtags.
Powerful Hashtags for Social Media Plattforms
Content hashtags, Trending hashtags and Brand Specific hashtags are the different types of hashtags that one can use on social media platforms. These can help you in promoting your online business through twitter and face book.
- Hastags as clickable links, which is a new hashtag feature try to use it.
- On Facebook every hashtag has its own url, which can help you in connecting with people. Try to drive them there to start conversation.
- Try to post hashtags on every device whether you are using a mobile too
- While making hastags keep in mind the target market.
- first letter of the hashtag should be always capital, so that readers can easily catch it
- Don’t put too many hashtags.